Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Welcome to the Big Time!!!

The Rockies win the pennant, the Rockies win the pennant, the Rockies win the pennent!

What a dominating series, score wise, as the Rox finish off the D-backs 6-4 last night at Coors Field in Denver Colorado. Seth Smith got the Rox ahead for the first time with a bloop single to left and Matt Holliday finished it off with a three-run home run, all in the bottom of the fourth inning.

Then, the pitching held Arizona to just three runs over the remaining five innings. Can you say

SWEEP!!

Now the Rockies await the winner of the Cleveland Indians/Boston Red Sox series. Cleveland is currently up 2-1.

The World Series, itself, doesn't start until the 24th, so the Rox have to cool off for the next eight days. Just not too much!

Wow! This reminds me of when the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl the first time in 1977, beating the much-hated Raiders from Oakland to get there. Here's hoping that the Rockies first World Series goes better than the Broncos first Super Bowl.

Oh well, I'm off to home I think now. Why stay at work, right?

Bye-bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!