Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blackhawks and Senators

But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. ~Benjamin Franklin

They used to say a Republican couldn't win a Senate seat in Massachusetts, either.

That is no longer the case, and now 2010 will turn into a very interesting year in politics, stay tuned.

*****

Let's talk about hockey, as in the National Hockey League, as in I live in a town that has the BEST team in the National Hockey League. That's right, I'm talking about the Chicago Blackhawks, who not only have the best record in the NHL, but also the best uniforms. Lately, they cannot be beat either. Awesome!

What's that?

Uh, you said they lost tonight?

To a team from Ottawa?

What state is that in?

Canada?! That's not a state!

Oh, Ottawa is in Canada, okay I get you now. My mistake.

Apparently, they can be beat on occasion, carry on now.

*****

I bet you didn't know this, but I almost wrote "My bad," instead of "My mistake," up there. My conscience at work likes to point out that "My bad" is just poor English, and I tend to agree, so I will try not use that anymore. Now if I can get my boss to quit saying irregardless.

*****

Did I mention that Scott Brown won in Massachusetts? That's about as crazy as the Blackhawks losing to the Senators.

Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Ha-Ha! My husband and I have been watching the Blackhawks of late...reminds me of the old Blackhawks when Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull were playing (that shows my age, I know). I stopped watching Hockey when it seemed to change from a game on the ice to a boxing ring, but this year's team seems to be a lot like the old days, when they actually used their sticks to hit the puck instead of each other (well, most of the time that is).

    Oh man..."irregardless", I want to scream when I hear that! Double negatives--ugh! I actually read a newspaper story that used that non-word. You would think the editors would have picked that up.

    Another Chicago non-favorite phrase that I hear all the time, "Yuse guys". Drives me insane, especially when it comes from someone who otherwise seems to be an intelligent person (or worse yet, my boss!).

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!