Friday, February 15, 2008

Adventures in Drunkiness, Kindness and Assorted Other Niceties!

Dawn over at Because I Said So! had this as a night away from thinking, or something like that, and the Kalynne of at The Philosopher-Mom had it as well. So naturally, I "borrowed" it as well. I also debated on saving this for my March challenge , but decided against using it there. I could have saved this for a rainy day also, but I have a few minutes to "kill" so here it is... (by the way, the missing numbers were missing when I copied it, so if there aren't any missing numbers, I filled it with my own questions and it will seem flawless, and this statement pointless.)


1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?

That would be lesson plans for my Kindergarten Sunday School class, trash, my school work for Ministry Formation, trash, a tent from a camping trip in October that I am too lazy to put away, trash, a bottle of bleach that I was too lazy to bring into the house, a wind chime that was a gift from one of my Kindergartners two years ago, some more trash, and some Cup O' Noodles that I am too lazy to bring in for my lunches at work figuring that when I get hungry enough I will get off my fat behind and get them, oh and some trash.

2. When was the last time you threw up?
Outside a club in Abilene, Texas in 1990, I tried a drink called a 'White Spider' which has a shot of vodka, peppermint Schnapps and something else. I asked if I just "shoot" it and was told, yes. Okay, here is a tip for any of you young people out there that may or may not have tried this, or if you have the inclination to do so in the future. DON'T. First off, it was at least three shots of alcohol, and it was served in a brandy glass. That should have been my first hint, don't you think? Besides I had a really, really bad experience with some Strawberry Schnapps at a Christmas Party in 1987 and just the smell of the Schnapps family of alcoholic beverages makes my knees quake. Ugh!

3. What's your favorite curse word?
Frack! Yes, I like Battlestar Galactica.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?

Jenni, Andy, Benjy, Jessie, Katie, Maggie and Danny ( I cannot count, sorry.)

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?

Getting prepared for a meeting at work.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?

Surfing the Net. Working.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?

Enjoying spending time with my family, I hope.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?

Yes, a long time ago we killed the boredom of Abilene, Texas with the boredom of a strip club call Deja Vu. I mostly played pool and drank really bad beer, then tried in vain, to stop my buddy from bringing a stripper home with us. Yeah, that was fun. Hope he is still enjoying his STD!

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"What?!"

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Pralines and Cream

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Diet Coke.

12. What are you wearing right now?
Clothing. Steel-toed boots, white socks, blue jeans, black boxer-briefs, black t-shirt, and a black windbreaker/golfer jacket something. I probably got that all wrong, but they are just clothes to me, so I really don't know what it is called.

13. What was the last thing you ate?
Dill Pickle flavored Sunflower Seeds by David. I also had an orange right before that, an interesting mix you all should try.


14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope.

15. When was the last time you ran?

LOL. When I was in the military, maybe. Actually, I used to walk/run about three years ago. Probably should start up again if I want to lose this 'baby fat.'

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?

Super Bowl XLII


17. What are you reading right now?

This questionnaire, oh and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and I just picked up Duma Key by Stephen King, which I technically haven't started just yet.


18. Who is the last person you emailed?

Someone that needed an update from work.

19. Ever go camping?
Yes.


20. Do you have a tan?
It's February in Chicago land, what do you think?

21. What is your favorite television show?

Current would probably be "House" but I have also enjoyed, in no particular order: Stargate Sg-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape, Firefly, Lost and Journeyman. A touch of the science fiction bug, I guess.


24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
If I have one, sure. Otherwise I just drink it from a cup, can or bottle.

25. What did your last IM say?
I don't do that, so...


26. Are you some one's best friend?
I believe that I am my wife's best friend, even though I don't always deserve to be.

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Believe it or not, working.

28. Where is your mom right now?

Last I heard she was in Nevada with my dad, however she could be in Montana at their house during the summer, or in Arizona with my Nana.

29. Look to your left, what do you see?

A wall with a fiscal calendar, two pictures of my kids, a couple of lists of people I need to contact for work, some CD art of mine (basically I scratched the heck out of a CD and call it art), five rubber bands, a McDonald's toy from Cars (it's Ramon {the painter}, I think), some business cards, a couple of "Shoe" comics about writing, some silly string (3 cans worth), a Tic-Tack-Toe game, a Jr. Slinky, some Quaker Rice Cakes, my phone, a printer, a white board, and some magnets and markers. Whew!

30. What color is your watch?

Does anybody really know what time it is? Don't have one, can't wear them and don't like them.

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?

Kangaroos, Foster's and Crocodiles.

32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Nope.


33. What is your birthstone?
I have two!! Opal and Pink Tourmaline.


34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive-thru?
I'm shy, drive-thru for me, please.


35.How many kids do you want?

I always wanted SIX daughters (Samantha, Tabitha, Jessica, Rebecca, Veronica, and Jennifer). I am VERY happy with the three that God has blessed me with, however. Oh and the three boys as well.

36. Do you have a dog?

Two. A Golden Retriever who is turning eleven and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - possibly the dumbest dog I have EVER had. They both bring great joy and friendship to me and the kids.


37. Last person you talked to on the phone?

That would be my darling wife.

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Famous in their minds or others? If I have I don't recall, but then again I don't make a big deal out of that whole celebrity thing.

39. Any plans today?
Go home and spend some time with the kids, so they will remember who I am.


40. How many states have you lived in?
Six; Florida, New York, Colorado, California, Texas, and Illinois. I have also lived in the U.K.


41. Ever go to college?
To pick up chicks. Okay, I kid. Yes, I have some college, but not enough to make me "smart" yet.


42. Where are you right now?
Work.


43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
Work.


44. Last song listened to?
I remember You by Skid Row is playing right now.


46. Are you allergic to anything?

Can I say Work?

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Don't know if they are my favorite, but I do wear them all the time, my steel-toed boots.


48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not worth it to be.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?

If they are, they should get over it, real quick.

51. What time is it?

7:25 pm CST

52. Do any of your friends have children?

Pretty much all of them. It goes hand in hand with having children of your own.

53. Do you eat healthy?
If you consider oranges and sunflower seed healthy, then yes. Trying to do better, I promise.

54. What do you usually do during the day?
That would be work.


55. Do you hate anyone right now?

No. Hate is a very strong word, and like jealousy it really isn't worth it, in my opinion.

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I try to.


58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Forty-One.

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes. In Texas, Missouri and Illinois. Elitches changed over to a Six Flags after I stopped living in Colorado, so I can't count that one. Same goes for the one in California.


60. How did you get one of your scars?
My wife didn't like the "spider" crawling on my arm. A mole with some hair growing out of it. I tell people I was shot during the first Iraqi War - they seem to be impressed by that more.

Now I must go home and be with my family.

God Bless!



2 comments:

  1. You are working for that "teacher" keeping me off my blog, aren't you? Because I tried to sneak over there (to see if my "Night Off" survey was missing numbers, honest!) via the link in your post, and it took me to Dawn's blog instead! Very tricky of you!

    4 papers down, 50 to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the plan.... yep. No, really.

    Actually, I must of not copied the link correctly and still had Dawn's in there. It has been corrected, and I thank you very much for pointing that out.

    Now, get back to those papers! C-'s for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!