Friday, February 8, 2008

No Meat Fridays

Which means my boss wants to treat me to lunch. At Portillo's.

For those of you not from the area, it is a hot dog stand, gone big. Really big. Like 20 stores big. Oh, and they sell hot dogs there.

So what's a good Catholic boy like myself doing in a restaurant that specializes in hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches? Well, I could get the pepper and egg sandwich - they do make a good one. I could get a hot dog and pray that God will understand - they make really good hot dogs as well.

Nope. I had me some zesty minestrone and a side salad with some creamy Italian dressing. Guess how much?

If you guessed $4, you would be way low, if you guessed $14 you would be way high. If you guessed $9.65, you are good. It's no wonder that Portillo's has so many restaurants, with prices like that.

McDonald's doesn't ha a $.99 Filet O' Fish do they?

1 comment:

  1. Does an Italian restaurant ("Portillo" it can't sound better?) is really specialized in hot dogs? And you know, Mylhibug, in Paris it would have cost more. Even Mc Donald sandwitches are about 4 or 5 euros. only sandwitch not the menu.
    Next time ask to change the meeting to use the occasion. Restaurants like TGI Fridays aren't well named at this time.
    Bon week end. Et oui! un anglicisme.
    catherine

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!