Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Desktop Tower Defense

I am completely addicted to this inane game, and I highly reommend that you try it.

What do you get when you mix a sheet of ice and a large man carrying boxes of Girl Scout Cookies?

CRASH!!!

And a little bit of pain.

"What You Have Is Enough" by the Voice of the Beehive is a song that reminds me of walking through the park below Edinburgh Castle. Probably because their "Let It Bee" album was one of my favorite cassettes at the time. Yes, I said cassette. Hard to believe that was only 22 years ago, eh?

Wait a minute. That was 22 years ago?!? Where did the time go? Why haven't I been back? What am I going to do with my life?

Exercise for you to try the next time you want to express your feelings...

I feel (insert "I" statement here, preferably a feeling)
when (insert a descriptive)
because (why do you feel the way you are feeling?)
I wish/want (what do you want the result of this conversation to be)

Next...

Looks like it's going to be Obama versus McCain for the next president of the USA. How do I feel about that? Not sure. As I have stated several times before, no one really excites me in this race. Too bad Sarkozy is French, I guess. :-)

I have ideas for future posts, I only hope that I will remember them when it comes time to do such...

Did that sound right? Oh well, if I'm questioning myself, it must be bedtime.

Night-night all!!

4 comments:

  1. "Too bad Sarko is French?" I don't know if you are joking or not? Do you really think it.Will you answer this time?
    You know, in France, people hardly ever tell for whom they voted. I voted Sarkozy and I would vote again for him today. Will he be able to pass his reforms? It will be difficult, French are very, very hard to be governed! (exactely, at that moment, we don't have tv news, instead an american serie, because the crew is on strike. Every change can provide a strike.I imagine you know that overseas.
    Furthermore, people find him too "tabloid"lately.
    What's your opinion?
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sarko, and find him to be refreshing. I wish that there was a candidate over here that was more of that vein, smaller government, less taxes, strong defense, national pride, etc... So, no I was not kidding about wanting someone like Sarkozy.

    Passing his reforms are going to be tough, but getting himself elected was pretty tough as well and that worked out.

    Yes, I believe he has been in the tabloids a bit much as of late, but I assumed it was the culture of the media in France. Fortunately for the president's of this country, people care more about Britney Spears' breakdowns than what is going on in the Oval Office.

    I apologize for not answering your comments. There was no affront, I just didn't think about it properly and will answer your questions from now on, I promise.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I will answer yours! (Hey, Catherine! Ca-va?)

    You will find the orange thingy on the right end of your internet address bar, if you pull up any blog (or other site with a feed). Right before the drop-down arrow that lets you see which sites you've visited lately. The "thingy" is a square with a white dot in the lower left corner, and two white crescents "radiating" off the dot. Click that, and you will get an option to "Subscribe to this feed." Usually you will be asked what reader you want to use to subscribe (I use Google Reader). Then you'll have a "Reader" that operates something like an email inbox, and whenever one of the blogs, et. al., to whose feed you are subscribing posts something new, the reader will pop it up in a menu box.

    Try it; if you have any questions or problems, get back to me and I'll try to help. (Alternatively, you could ask Benjy; chances are good he knows all about it.)

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you using IE 7? Does that matter? Because we're not supposed to use it at work for some reason. I'll have to try it at home, that way I quit skewing your sitemeter numbers, by continually checking your site for updates. :-)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!