Thursday, February 14, 2008

History Repeated?

Not a good history at that.

Another school shooting at a university, Northern Illinois University, in DeKalb, Illinois. Roughly 40 miles from where I sit at this moment. This is a really bad trend that is happening lately at schools at all levels, unfortunately.

What can be done about it? I don't know, but I wish there was something that could be done to make these kids feel safer. Better yet, I wish there was a way to tell if someone was about to try something like this and get them help. I'm sure all of our politicians will come out with new ideas for newer and stronger laws; laws that will inevitably take away freedoms from law-abiding people and give criminals a little more courage to break them.

Okay, no time for soapboxes.

Please keep everyone at NIU in your prayers, including the families of those affected by this tragic event.

Hail Mary...