Monday, April 11, 2011

The Mouse has a Great House, but the Bunny is Funny

 This week I asked this...

This week I have a new challenge for you and one that I think will be pretty easy, so I'm hoping that you all will participate and have fun along with me. The question is this, Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny? Which is your favorite and why?


As many of you know, I am a huge Disney fan. I absolutely love Walt Disney World and find it to be one of the best places on earth to visit, ever. That being said, I will still have to go with being a bigger fan of Bugs Bunny.


Now why would I risk upsetting any fans of WDW in this manner? Well, I didn't ask what amusement park is better, Walt Disney World/Disneyland/any and all other Disney properties or Six Flags. I mean come on, there isn't even a comparison when you match those two up. Disney is a complete atmospheric change, as in once you are there, you forget about any place else. It's magic. As for Six Flags? Well, let's just say I tend to be dragged tooth and nail to go every summer, because my kids get free tickets for reading x amount of hours. Which is nice, but I think I'm still paying too much.


Nope, my question was comparing the Mouse against the Bunny. 


I like Mickey Mouse, and I find him to be an enjoyable cartoon character, but to be honest, I prefer three of the classic five (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto) over Mickey. That would be the two dogs and the duck.


I love Bugs Bunny, and find him to be one of, if not the best cartoon characters ever. He has plenty of range - playing a female bunny/hunter/whatever to singing and conducting operas and classical music. He is a war hero and helped to sale many war bonds when the country really needed it, not to mention the awesome propaganda movies. Now I know that Mickey and gang did the same, but I remember Bugs effort and wish that his cartoons weren't so edited nowadays (Thanks Ted Turner and all you folks that love the politically correct lifestyle), because I don't think they are as much fun and you miss out on a lot of the humor, in my opinion.


So yes, I do enjoy Mickey Mouse very much, but if I had to choose one character over the other it would have to be Bugs.




Source


Now I need to get back to planning my trip to Walt Disney World, less than sixty days away! 


Come join the fun and share your favorite, be it Mickey or Bugs. I would love to see what you think.



5 comments:

  1. fun topic, easy to post on--even if i had to stop in the middle to read a bugs book for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - MUCH prefer Bugs to Mickey! If I had to pick a Disney character, I'd say that I like Goofy the best. Pluto's a good dog, but he's pretty much a dog. And Mickey's dog at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugs Bunny has a wicked sense of humor that the mouse just can't compete with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep Bugs it is for me too! He is just toooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUGS!!!! Mickey has never made me laugh like good ol Bugs does...and I'm all about the laughs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!