Friday, April 8, 2011

Babs Watson

Just cleaning out my old drafts...








Who:  Babs Watson
What:  a fur coat, phone call, jealousy, push
Where:  a taxi
First line:  Babs threw her bag on the floor and burst into tears.




That, my friends is where I start...






Babs threw her bag on the floor and burst into tears.


She was a mess and knew it, but didn't need to have a phone call remind her of all those inadequacies just the same. I mean who does her brother think he is anyway? She's the oldest and she should know what to do in a situation and not have to be bailed out by some punk kid seven years her junior.


Okay, so he is forty-seven and the vice president of the bank but really she didn't need to hear his crap. Especially with it stemming from his jealousy of her situation with her latest love interest. The fact remains that the fur coat she gave to her sister in-law, was just going to be wasted sitting in her closet.


This latest incident was just going to push Babs away from her family even more so than she already was, and instead of being a "Chreaster" - one who visits only around Christmas and Easter - she might just wait a few years before visiting again, even though she dearly loved her nieces and nephews.


"Here's your stop ma'am," barked the taxi driver, as he rudely slammed on the brakes in from of the Essex House.


*****

Went for the free flowing, just-off-the-top-of-my-head approach to this. Hope it makes sense, as I don't like to edit you know. Click the link(the picture, up there) and give it a try, be it the free flowing manner in which I did it, or after some serious thought. All entries are welcome and appreciated.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to try your hand at the Fun Monday for next week.




3 comments:

  1. Love it! There are so many ways to tell a story. I decided to be mean. I had considered leaving an open end to my story and just keep on going from week to week to see where it went. Lots of unanswered questions -- Great!

    Thanks for stopping by for some tea . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I a commerical came on, and now I have to wait to see what happens! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the tea and look forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!