Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Fun We Have Indeed!


This week we are looking at our inner child perhaps, as we have been tasked with sharing about our favorite Muppet, those lovable furry little creatures from the mind of the late Jim Henson.

You know what? I don't have one. Nope, I have at least four that I can think of, so in no particular order (don't you love it when people say that) here are my favorite Muppet's.

Grover. Lovable furry old Grover. I love this Muppet and think that he is one of the best ever. He's lovable, furry and oh so funny. He is also the subject of one of my all-time favorite children's books, The Monster at the End of this Book. My kids love it and I love reading it too them.


Next up... Cookie Monster! You know and love him, I'm sure. Another lovable furry and blue monster from Sesame Street that loves cookies! "C is for cookie, it's good enough for me."


Miss Piggy is also in my top five! She is simply sass personified and full of pork. She also is very loyal to her "main frog" Kermit. Gotta reward that loyalty right? 


Fozzy Bear, the greatest Muppet comedian ever. How can you not laugh at and with poor Fozzy. I liked him so much we named a cat after him, well mostly.


Finally, we have Animal, the wild-haired red-headed drummer from The Muppet Show that speaks in, well, I'm really not sure, but I like it.


I should mention that there is one more Muppet that should be mentioned, but most people may not even realize it, so I'll just leave a picture for you all to think on.


Have a great week!

Oh, and go read this book!

6 comments:

  1. A choosing of Yoda I should have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first thought of Grover, too, especially Super Grover :) I chose Miss Piggy. She just cracks me up. I still pick Sesame Street over some of the kid tv shows today -- except maybe Ruby and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love animal's anarchic actions. Thanks for setting such a great topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Yoda... I forget he's a muppet (because he's so real)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grover is definitely tops for me and always has been. We have that book, "Monster at the End of this Book" too and my kids (and grandkids) loved it. My husband would read it with his "Grover voice", very impressive.

    I don't know if you remember the character "Gordon" who used to be on Sesame Street. He wasn't a muppet--his real name was Roscoe Orman. Anyway, one of my daughters had a mad crush on him and he happened to be doing a program at the mall near us so I brought her to see him. Right in the middle of the show when he was singing a song, she just got up off my lap and went up to him and sat on his lap. It's like she was in some sort of a trance or something! Before you know it, a bunch of other kids came running up to sit on the floor next to him when he was singing.

    As we were leaving the mall later on, we saw "Gordon" walking out the door to the limo that was waiting for him and he stopped and recognized my daughter and said hello to her as if he was her best friend, with a big grin on his face. I think my daughter just floated home that night. She was three years old at the time.

    Later to find out...Roscoe Orman played a pimp on a TV series before he was on Sesame Street. Yikes! I guess he's always had a way with women, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to apologize...my comments always seem to come out like an entire post. The Italian in me...always a story to tell. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!