Saturday, December 20, 2008

Guess What?

Some of you have inquiring minds, and well I need to let you all know something.

I am a big fan of Dr. Who.

Yes, I know you probably figured this one out already, especially if you follow me on Twitter. Heck, if I could find the time to Plurk again, you'd probably hear about it there as well.

Funny thing though, no one has asked me about that. Can you believe it?

Michelle at My Two Army Brats asked about homeschooling, and yes we do. If you have any questions, I can point you in the right direction. :) Seriously though, if I can help I will and I know some very smart people that do home school and are quite good at it.

However, I think there was something else on your minds. Let me think about this.

Oh, I know, you want to know how our trip to Disney went. Excellent - and I think I shall talk about that later, I promise. I just have to take care of a few other things, like...

We are expecting number seven!

Yea!

Now what we have to do is figure out a name for our new blessing. There are conditions, of course, and we already kind of have an idea. You see, we have three boys and three girls, the boys names begin with the letters A, B, and D; while the girls names begin with J, K, and M. See the pattern?

Another thing we have going for the kids is that their nicknames, end in a 'y' sound; Andrew is Andy, Benjamin is Benjy, and Daniel is Danny with the girls it's Jessica is Jessie, Kaitlynn is Katie and Margaret is Maggie. Notice the other pattern? The boys nicknames all end with a 'Y,' and the girls end in 'IE.'

So new names like Roger or Rhonda will not work, I mean Roggy and Rhondie, I think not! Besides how does 'R' fit in the original pattern? So, what have we here is a minor yet still joyous problem. I mean is there a name for number seven? If it's a boy, do we go with a name that begins with an 'E' and if it's a girl do we go with the letter 'N?'

Then there are the middle names, I mean they have to flow properly right? We have also used up all the grandparents, so we are truly breaking new ground here. Okay, that's not true because some of the kids names have nothing to do with grandparents, so I just led you down a path of reading a senseless paragraph. Sorry.

We're liking Abigail for a girl and Joseph for a boy, which actually works well with all the above conditions; it fits the pattern and would set up any future children names (you never know what God has in store for you, remember?) because it resets the with either an 'A' or a 'J' and Abigail can become Abbie while Joseph would be Joey.

I guess we do have it all figured out then. :)


5 comments:

  1. I saw in my google reader that my name was in your blog and I was all freaked out thinking I offended you or something crazy. Then I had to hurry and ready it! Phew! Big relief!

    I'm just starting homeschooling so now I know where to come for help. We had criteria for naming our kids too. Well for the second rather. The middle name had to start with a D because all of ours did and then it had to end in N because all of my inlaws grandkids (3) ended in N already and I was not going to ruin that!

    I love the names you have so far and CONGRATS on another little one! I'm glad to see I wasn't late on the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's awesome and I am so happy for you!
    I also love both names you came up with. I think you are covered!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you both!
    Congrats to the Miller family.
    I love Abigail (in France we write it Abigael)

    Sorry not to come previously, I didn't know you were beck from Disney. Wait for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the?... Number 7! Holy cow, congratulations!!! How exciting is that?

    Hey, maybe you'll get to use both of those names - you know, for the twins!

    What? Could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!