Thursday, January 29, 2009

Saved By The Colleen

So Colleen saw that I was floundering in my efforts for giving you a high quality product, so I read her post from a couple of weeks ago, where she answered questions posed to her by Maria. Knowing full well that January is a bad month for me, creatively and otherwise, I asked Colleen to ask away.

She took me seriously.

So now what? I guess I have to answer the questions, right? I mean I don't want to get a reputation for not posting something that I said I would. (Krissa, I promise to get to that meme, someday.)

So here are the five questions from Colleen and answers from me. :)

1) If there's one thing you could "implant" in your children's brains - just make them know without having to teach it to them, or fight to get your point across - what would it be?

That's easy and I wish I had the same thing, at times, and that would be the ability to manage their finances. I can't tell you how many times they get a little bit of money, for their birthdays, Christmas, or doing some sort of job like babysitting. They want to immediately go out and spend it. I swear it seems like they just want to spend, spend, spend, and on what? Some cheap piece of plastic that they will forget about in twenty minutes. Of course, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree there, but I am getting better. I think. Heck, I'm not going to Disney this year, so that's a start, right?

2) If you could "undo" anything from your past, what would it be?

I would have never bought the Toyota Celica, that I surely couldn't afford, yet managed to 'steal' my own savings to get it. What makes this incident even dumber, is that I had just bought a new car about ten months prior, so I was majorly upside-down on that loan. Let's see, what else about that car, I bought it in Colorado where you don't really need AC, but I lived in Texas, where you do. That's right, I bought a new car with no air conditioning and it didn't even have a cassette player, nor a CD player. Yeah, I can pretty much say that was my biggest mistake. Ever.

3) What was your favorite game as a child?

That would be Risk. We used to spend hours and hours playing that game of World Domination. I still play it today, only on a computer because the play is faster. In fact, I wonder where my CD is for that game. I need to do some domination again. :)

4) Crocs - love 'em or hate 'em?

Believe it or not, I like them a lot. Heck I've even worn them this winter, outside, in the snow. I don't recommend trying that, but it shows how comfortable they are. I forgot that I was wearing them. Now my Crocs are special because they are Denver Broncos Crocs. :) Andy, who swore that he wouldn't wear them, tried mine and now owns a pair of Chicago Cubs Crocs. They were very comfortable to wear in Florida, and I actually preferred wearing them over sandals.

5) Your house is on fire. Other than your family and any pets, what are the three things you'd hope to save?

To be honest the only things that I would care about saving would be my family, but since you said that they were okay. Number one would be Jenni's grandfather's hat - I love that hat and I see it everyday. I would wear it, but it's a few sizes too small. Number two would be my external hard drive, since it has all my music and pictures. Maybe someday, it will even have my great American novel on it. Finally, I would make sure that I had my car keys and wallet since I will need them to get away from the flaming carcass formerly known as my house. :) I know, I'm quite the sentimental one.

Okay, those are my answers, now here is the BEST part!!

Now you can sign up for me to interview YOU! I know you're gonna want to experience my fine journalistic skills, and you know that it has been a dream of yours to have me ask you questions, as well. All you need to do is follow the following steps:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

  1. Great answers Roger. If I had the ability to implant something into my kids' brains it would definitely be the importance of taking school and homework seriously. I've never seen 2 boys who cared less about their grades. Help!

    I would ask you to interview me but it would have to be under the condition that I don't open my blog up to interviews. The last time I did that I had to create 15 interview for other people, and right now I just don't have that kind of spare time - as is evident of how long it's been since I've been here. And I LIKE you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! (Say "Colleen" one more time, wouldja? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!