Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello, President Obama

Dear Mr. President (nice ring to it, don't you think?)

Hello, and welcome to the most powerful position in the world, President of the United States of America. Now, it is true that I do not agree with most of what you do, however, you are the president of my country and will treat you with the respect and admiration that the position deserves.

Now, I have a few things that I'd like to say. Your inauguration speech was good, but I've heard you do better. Okay, that sounds pretty petty, and I apologize but I have heard you make some pretty good speeches and this one only garnered an eight from me - if you cared.

Some highlights for me:

"We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you."

And this:

"As we consider the road that unfolds before us, we remember with humble gratitude those brave Americans who, at this very hour, patrol far-off deserts and distant mountains.They have something to tell us today, just as the fallen heroes who lie in Arlington whisper through the ages."

There was one more, but I can't find it, so either I imagined it or something. :)

A couple of things I would like you to reconsider. The Freedom of Choice Act, also known as FOCA. Bad idea. Really, really bad idea. You talk on the one hand about loving life, yet you want to sign into law a bill that will basically allow women, for any reason, to get an abortion. It will also force hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, which by Canon Law are not allowed to perform such violent acts of murder, to either perform abortions or get sued for not performing an abortion. The Bishops in the United States have already, unanimously agreed (which never happens) to close all Catholic hospitals. Do you realize that this is more than a third of all the hospitals in the country? It will effectively keep Catholics from performing various acts of charity, because they would be required to mention that abortions are a viable option.

Sorry, but ending the life of another human being, and make no mistake that is what they are, should NEVER be an option.

Dude, may I call you dude? If not, I apologize for my informal tone. Please shake yourself loose of the Chicago politicians that will bring you closer to Satan. Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme, but really, how can you associate with these people? They are crooked. They perform illegal acts on a regular basis. They like to tax the snot out of everyone and everything. Please just stop it. You don't need them.

Speaking of taxes, do you realize that by raising taxes you will be stifling the economy that you say you want to help. It's time for you to realize that, I mean just read a history book. One of the great icons of your own party, John F. Kennedy, even lowered taxes in his first 100 days.

Terrorists? They need to stay somewhere safe, and out of trouble (meaning not back on the front lines). They also cannot be brought into our country, because of a funny thing called the ACLU will immediately file all kinds of trouble, because they feel like they are "helping" some poor man. Guess what, these guys are evil, and would not hesitate to do something bad to man and country. Keep them on Gitmo, hell they are living better than most of their fellow terrorists, they probably don't want to leave anyway. Remember that they hate us, just because of who we are. Just see how much they love you in Iran today.

I think that I have taken up enough of your time, I mean you do have a country to run - after the parties are over, that is. Just remember that America is strong and will do anything to keep it that way, in other words even if we disagree with you, we still got your back!

Good luck and

God Bless,

2 comments:

  1. GREAT LETTER, and my sentiments exactly! Well, said Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with AlfAsstic. Particularly about terrorists. Hope his admidnistration will define the problem as claerly as you do, Roger.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!