Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is Not What I Started To Write

I know, I know. You are all thinking, Roger you said that you don't edit what you write.

I lied.

Plus I had this whole mean thing about how I hate IKEA furniture, and it wasn't going anywhere.

Kind of like this, eh?

Stop it! Please don't mind the italics - it's one of those voices.

No, no, not one of those voices, but THE voice.

Whatever.

Dude, who do you think stopped you from going on and on about some stupid piece of inexpensive furniture and their silly little allen wrenches and putting everything together, AND you have to scramble to find said allen wrench only to not find it and then about how you had to scramble to find one in your pathetic little tool collection because you are pretty much not into tools for some reason.

Huh? What do you mean pathetic tool collection, I have both a slotted and phillips head screwdriver.

Exactly. I mean where's your power tools, and all the other cool stuff that normal men have.

Don't really know, but it might have something to do with writing being my hobby, and well you know, the novel.

Oh yeah, who could forget that. You going with the psychopath, the elf, or the priest?

I was thinking of going for the story of a man that works in a job that he doesn't like while dreaming of another, with occasional voices popping into his head.

I wouldn't try that, not believable. Besides I think it has been done before.

EVERY story has been done before, it's all a matter of presentation. However, we need to wrap this up, because my bed is calling.

Like I said, you're a big wimp.

****

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. - Katherine Mansfield


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!