Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Serenity Now!

Okay, it's not about Seinfeld, sorry.


.

Rather it is the serenity prayer...


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
I like this one as well...
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr
And you can never go wrong with the Book of Proverbs...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6
Have a serene day!


P.S. - Any idea as to why my spacing is all out of whack? Any help would be AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea why you have whacky spacing. But good luck with that.

    Don't you have drywall to be taping and mudding?

    I've done my share of that - adding on bedrooms, classroms, playrooms etc....I stink at it. When we re-did our kitchen 2 years ago we gutted the whole thing. For the drywall I hired 3 guys (legals, illegals who knows) they were fast and cheap. They hung and mudded 40 sheets in 7 hours for $1200. It would have taken me weeks and looked not so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Serenity prayer, but mine usually ends in ... and grant me the wisdom to hide the bodies... LOL!

    That spacing thing plagues me every time I upload pictures. And it ticks me off to no end that Blogger doesn't have an easy way of reporting problems. Well, not that I've found, anyway. There's also a problem if you try to add an animated picture to your sidebar. You can't remove or change it without deleting the whole element. GRRRR! Screws up my Smile section all the time.

    If you learn anything else useful, please share!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!