Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for all the gifts you have given me;
My beautiful wife Jenni,
My wonderful sons,
My joyful daughters.
Thank you Lord for also giving my country
a lesson it very well deserves.
I pray that You will see it through these next few years
and keep us protected from all evil,
be it from afar, or from within.
I ask you to look over and keep safe
our newly elected leader, Barack Obama.
Although, I disagree with him, I do not wish to see any harm come his way,
as that will do nothing but divide the country.
I thank you Lord for blessing my family with the opportunity
to live and grow in this great nation,
and I pray that you will keep us safe.
In your name I pray,
Amen.


5 comments:

  1. I've alternately been sobbing uncontrollably and having panic attacks. How's YOUR day going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how one can feel bad after losing an election!
    It arrives, unfortunately, once or more times in one's life.
    At least, we live in countries where we can vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm not one for making up my own prayers, but this one felt good to me.

    Holly, amazingly enough, I slept fairly well last night, and have been fairly productive today. Still don't like it, but I will live with it, and try again next time.

    Now where's that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!