Friday, November 28, 2008

Big Bad Black Friday

What the heck is wrong with this country and all that goes into this insanity known as Black Friday? I mean people are getting killed...

...The heavy glass and steel sliding doors were literally knocked off their hinges in the shopper-stampede-to-be-first. Then the wave of humanity caved in on defenseless Wal-Mart workers as they opened early -- 5 a.m. -- for the annual bargain hunting ritual that kicks off the morning after Thanksgiving.
"The crowd pushed so forcefully that they crashed the doors down and one of the workers from Wal-Mart was pushed to the floor as the crowd entered the store, many of them running," said Det. Lt. Michael Fleming of the Nassau County Police Department.
Cell phone video obtained by CBS 2 HD shows Jdimytai Damour, a 34-year-old part-time employee hired as a holiday temp. He was crushed in the onslaught and pronounced dead an hour later. As responding Nassau police and paramedics tried to save him, they were also jostled and pushed to the ground. ...


I'm sorry folks, but you all need to go back to your religious education classes - this is not what Christmas is about.

Good night and rest easy - I know that I will try to.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it!
    What madness, and absurdity!
    You're right, they've forgotten the meaning of Christmas. Do they run the same way when they go and attend Christmas Mass?
    It's the same here, except we don't have crazy sales to kill people unintentionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so incredibly disturbed to hear that story. Awful. Just awful. And to think, that employee stepped into the throng to help out a pregnant woman getting crushed. When I heard that I said a prayer for his family and for the mindless souless idiots that just walked on top of him instead of trying to get him up off the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!