Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun At the Park

Took the family to Six Flags Great America for our annual visit to this amusement park that tries really hard... At least the kids like the roller coasters. Anyway, there were four adults and, I believe it was fifteen kids. It's amazing how people find out when we're making our trip that want to tag along - we're fun that way.

Once we made it to the park, we separated into two distinct groups; those that can ride roller coasters, and those that cannot. Guess which one I was a part of. (It's not my fault that they make those seats so small... what's that? It is? Never mind then). Initially it was just me, Jenni and my three youngest (Maggie, Danny and Timmy), we were later joined by some friends which literally doubled our party. All-in-all we had a really good time and shocker of shockers, the older kids got bored and some even left before we did.

Below is a photographic journey through our day, enjoy.


In line for our first ride of the day - Balloons (note: I really don't know all of the names for the rides)
Danny ready for some flight time on the balloons (definitely 'ready for action')

Maggie sitting in the front car of the Spacely Sprockets roller coaster














Nap time for Timmy, and some 'Yabba Dabba Doo good times!

Timmy getting ready for the train ride!!

Yes, I did cram my rather large body inside this car with him. 


Okay, it's time to go now!


Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh! That looked like fun! Did you go to the one in Gurnee, IL?

    I haven't been to Great America since my kids were young. I was usually the one that took the little ones to the kiddie section and my husband brought the older ones on the roller coasters. I'm not sure what he enjoyed more, the rides or torturing his kids. He always waited until the car got to the top of the first hill and then he would tell them that their harness looked like it was starting to shake loose. That may explain the humongous amounts of money we spent on therapy sessions for them.

    My favorite pic is the one of the baby sleeping. I always wonder what they are dreaming about, especially when they smile in their sleep. Sigh...I love babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nunly, we were in Gurnee. I actually had more fun than usual, considering that I am not a fan of that park at all. I'm only ten days late in posting these, by the way, so I am getting a little better. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, only 10 days late, not bad!!!! You get an "E" for effort and an "A" for quality.

    I was trying to think of the last time I was at Great America. I think it was back in the 90's when my son was young. My kids have gone back with their teen-aged friends, and then later when they had their kids. I do miss bringing the little ones to places like that because I just love to see the excitement in their faces.

    When my daughter was young she went to the Ladybug ride so often that the guy running it knew her by name...and always made sure she got into the yellow ladybug, her favorite. My son was terrified of the characters walking around. I guess giant sized cartoon characters aren't as funny as they are on TV. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids had a great time, although I was shocked to hear my oldest say that they were bored. Yep, bored. They had ridden every roller coaster and since there is no "magic" to the place, they wanted to leave.

    In all the years we have gone, that has never happened.

    When I mentioned that we were going to spend ten days at Disney World next year, and that I was worried about them getting bored there. They said that they have never been bored there.

    I'm so proud. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!