Friday, August 8, 2008

Ramblings of a Man with a Cold

Okay, I have no idea what I am going to write, and no idea where this will end up - total stream of consciousness here.

Got it?

Good.


It's 12:07AM as I start this, and I don't know why I was compelled to turn on the computer and write something, could be this freaking cold, or maybe Mr. Muse has decided to show up, because he likes to work nights.

I really don't know.

Maybe it's the movie August Rush that spoke to me, granted this ain't no pretty music, but who knows, maybe it will be.

The movie was excellent, it's a story about a young boy in search of his parents and has a great creepy performance by Robin Williams.

Seriously great.

Let's put it this way, I wanted to reach inside the computer and kick his Ass, not many characters get to me to me that way.

Then again, maybe it's the Tylenol Cold talking.

Speaking of that stuff, I wish it would contain my cough, it is so hard to sleep when I keep coughing.

I am sure that Jenni is glad that I am out of the bedroom for the moment.

Whoa, who is slowly creeping down my street?

Whew! It didn't look like they were doing anything, just going home - one of my neighbors kids must be visiting.

Granted it is after midnight--- sing along if you know the words...

Sorry, I don't know them either.

Want to hear something funny? These last few sentences have been written with an Irish accent.

Could you tell?

Oh looky, the train is blowing his flipping whistle.

Did I mention that it was after midnight.

My one neighbor, let's call her "Ho-Drunk" is all in a tizzy about the park district wanting to build a pool/recreation center.

And the problem is?

Well, she is afraid that our taxes will go up - no doubt. So she's going to give the city a piece of her mind.

Dammit!

I should tell her that the city probably has NOTHING to do with it, as it would fall under the park district's jurisdiction. Also, I should mention that they need to have an election to get the dang thing approved.

It's more fun this way, I think.

Why 'Ho-Drunk?'

Well, my lovely bride of sixteen plus years has a great habit of creating words for use, remember Assitude? I'd link it now, but then the train of whatever thoughts would leave the station, and we can't have that, now can we?

Anyway, her name is Holly - I am sure that my blog friends TexasHolly, and AnglophileFootballFanatic are nothing like her though.

Back to 'Ho-Drunk,' you see she has a way of jumping from dude to dude. Heck there was a time, I kid you not , she had two different boyfriends visit on the same weekend.

Awkward.

So, naturally Holly go shortened to Ho. I'm pretty sure you all can figure out the drunk part.
Now this is a woman that has told people that I used to work with, that I'm an A-Hole. No doubt I can be, hence Assitude. (I really should remember to add some links tomorrow when I am more awake).

But never, I repeat NEVER to her. In fact, I can probably count on both my hands and feet the amount of words, I have actually spoken to her - in eleven years!

Sure, maybe that seems a little standoff-ish, but remember I am no ones social butterfly (i.e. I am as introverted as they come, really.)

Okay, maybe not THAT introverted.

Enough about that.... NEXT!

Wow, I just lost my signature, how the heck did I do that? I wonder if it will ever come back? Oh I am sure that I could put it back, but remember it is after midnight, and me brain isn't working quite right there, don't you know? (More Irish)

I am curious to see how the comments go with this piece, if there will even be any? Like Plurk, where I like to pimp myself out on occasion, wait, I haven't actually done that... So if any of you all want to, feel free to "Pump Up the Karma, Pump up the Karma!"

Oh and leave a comment to, please. :)

Looky there, it's 12:35 and my time is nearly up... bet you didn't know I set a half hour time limit, now did you. Guess what? Me neither!

However, the meds, plus the hot sower, plus nearly cutting myself shaving (I hate that! Shaving that is, do they make Nair for faces?), which always wakes me up and keeps the adrenaline pumping. Oh and half an hour of this nonsense, I have but four more words for you...

Listen to the music.

9 comments:

  1. Holly and I will forgive you for not loving another Holly. In fact, we'll discuss it when we go get pedicures next weekend! :) I hope the cold meds kick in. And, I love the Irish accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally got the Irish accent the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is more entertaining with an Irish accent. It's a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger, I thought this blog wwas suitable for the family???? Although I too can picture you sitting there writing with an Irish accent. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get to use the computer at night? I set the router so that the 3 computers the kids are allowed to use can only go on, line between 0630 and 2200 (6:30 and 10 PM for you non military type). I get home at midnight. I will not use the pc/server in our room at night, as hubby gets up at 3:30 am and needs his sleep. I do not have an account on his other server, so that one is out also. Good thing I have plenty of time at work on weekends to goof off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Goodness, Roger! That was a fascinating look in a schizophrenic mind. BAHAHA! No, I can totally see where you're coming from, late at night, hopped up on cold meds, thoughts running wild.
    I'm sorry to say sometimes I don't think I can type fast enough to get it down before it's gone...so I don't.
    Doesn't mean I didn't really enjoy and relate to your thoughts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was a lot to take in.Kinda made my head spin a bit.

    Just so ya know DO NOT put any hair remover meant for legs on your face.My friend did that it was not pretty they had a red mustahce for days and it burned very badly.

    Hope your cold gets better soon.Although I do enjoy reading the ramblings of a man on cold medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that everyone got the Irish accent, and that it wasn't just me. :)

    I would also like to apologize for my non-G rated language - I believe it was the illness talking (in an Irish accent, of course.)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!