Friday, November 11, 2011

50,000 in 43.


Okay, I love pulling practical jokes on people.

Especially gullible people.

Now is this nice, probably not, but it is all in good clean fun.

I just noticed that the font here on this site is a little different than it had been in the past, almost like it is trying to mimic the font of my blog. How cool is that? Talk about your flattery.

Okay, not really.

Guess what? At some point today, during whatever it is that I am doing here at this point in time, I will surpass 50,000 words in just forty three entries or days of writing here. That's right fifty thousand words. Amazing. I have nanowrimo'd myself in a little more than a month. Am I awesome or what?

probably or what.

Shut up.

Anyway, as of the beginning of this entry I had less than five hundred words to go to reach that milestone of fifty thousand, so somewhere in the next four hundred, or so, words I will be closer to one hundred thousand than I am to zero. I'm so giddy about this that I cannot write any faster than that of a crawling snail, which I don't think actually crawl more than slither from place to place - I honestly don't know.

Now for the caveat...

I hate the caveat, just saying.

There are a few entries where I did the writing before hand, but I think they should still count, so there.

****

Big plans for today the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the eleventh year of the twenty first century. We're talking partay for Jessica! She turned fourteen a couple of weeks ago, but because of volleyball, and Halloween and what not we decided to have her party today. I suggested that it should last until eleven eleven post meridian (did you see what I just did there?), but she has to get up and take a test tomorrow, a Saturday no less, so the festivities will be winding down around ten.

There will be ten teenage girls in addition to my one hanging out, in what should be an epic occasion that will be spoken of for years to come. Or something like that.

****

Yesterday I was bragging about my forty seven words per minute pace (did it again!), only to have slowed down to a mere forty three for yesterday's pace. Today, I feel like I might break thirty if I am lucky. This must be what it feels like to walk through molasses in January or something. I think I have used the word something somewhere around too many times in this post, so from now on - at least with regards to this post, there will be no more somethings - after that one of course.

*****

Did you see that I shared yesterday's post on my blog? Dis you see that I have had more posts this month than the previous three months combined? I think I am coming out of my no blogging phase, which means that you will need to stop by more often to catch up on the comings and goings of your favorite Roger, er blogger, er whatever. That's a cool blog to visit as well, very well attended and he gives good advice on writing and has quirky pictures of cats and all - which I really don't understand, so if someone would care to explain that to me I would really appreciate it. Who knows, maybe I'll start posting pictures of my cat more - and then get a couple more to have even more fun, if that is even possible.

*****

Well, I have now broken into the plus fifty thousand club, if there is such a thing, so I think I shall have to party along with my daughter tonight - we're having chicken tacos, that are so, so good. Dare I say that they are awesome? And easy to make as well. Here's the recipe.... chicken breasts (de-boned and de-skinned), chicken broth and taco seasoning (you choose; hot, medium or mild) and a crock pot. Throw everything in the crock pot, turn up the heat, and six hours later a meal has been made. We roll the chicken in tortillas, but i imagine that they will be just as tasty in a crunchy shell as well. Pretty awesome and easy, not to mention cheaper and better tasting than something similar from Taco Bell.

Well, I should be going now, I hope you enjoyed the visit, and like I said, come back for more later.

Pax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!