Monday, March 1, 2010

Make Mine With Chocolate!

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. ~ Francois de La Rouchefoucauld
I love the thoughts that come into my mind all of a sudden, almost like a gust of wind that stirs up the dust around your feet. You never really know what to expect. Which, from my point of view, makes life very exciting, very exciting indeed.

Now, you may or may not have guessed that I have no idea about what I am going to be jotting down on these pages, which can lead to some interesting responses.

From my wife especially.

At least she knows me though. For the most part at least. I have known her for more than half of my life after all, so you would think something would rub off after a while.

Stephen King says that "you must never come lightly to the blank page" or something like that. I like that, I like it so much that I can pretty much paraphrase it from memory, as opposed to my quotes from above. Which, while good and all - I wouldn't use them if I didn't like them, dontcha know - are not from my memory. Most of them are sent to me on a daily basis, whereas others I do look up, especially if one of the six I get every day do not strike my fancy.

*****

Random George Lopez quote...

"What's your idea of a fun date?"

"Cock fighting is fun."

"I'll put down bird-watching."

And the laugh track goes wild....

*****

I should probably get this out of my system now, lest I appear to be bitter and all that jazz.

Congratulations to the Canadian Hockey Club - you won the Gold medal. Just remember that you wouldn't have been able to do it without the three Chicago Blackhawks on your team.

But your closing ceremony was still really lame. :P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!