Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Little Something You Should Know...

I DO NOT like the heat.

I especially do not like the heat mixed with the humidity.

Call me a wimp, whatever.

Oh, and in case you were thinking it's because of my XXXL size, it has nothing to do with it, I promise. I could be just an L and I would still hate the heat and humidity.

Unfortunately, I live in Chicago, and have to deal with it for at least two months a year (we're not going to mention the whole, but you love going to Disney World and it's all hot and humid, blah, blah, blah. That is SO different, because they have magic water that enables me to tolerate it better - no such water here.) and those are the times of the year I really don't like living here. Believe it or not, I'd rather have it be thirty below.

Weird, I know. But the way I see it, you can always wear more layers in the winter. In the summer, you can only get so naked. So there.

I honestly believe that I wasn't feeling well last night because of the heat. How? Great question. Because we had Timmy's baptism yesterday, we had to celebrate - it's a tradition. Anyway, we had it over at my in-laws house ( by the way, THEY ARE AWESOME!!) and we can't fit all fifty odd people in the house, and it didn't feel too bad on the deck, with the breeze, plus the conversation was great, so why go inside.

In hindsight, that uneasy feeling in my tummy might have been telling me something. Oh well, you live and you learn, not that I needed an additional reason to hate the heat, but that will be added to the list.

Besides if it was thirty below, who in their right mind would be outside talking, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!