Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trying to Clean Up My Act

Yesterday, actually last night, I posted three time-wasters - also known as blogthings.

You will notice that there are only two now.

Why is that Roger? Did you steal something? kill something? offend someone?

Well, it was a blogthing asking what kind of finger I was. Yep. Apparently I am the middle finger, and of course it had a picture of, well the middle finger in the saluting position, saying I was number one, flipping the bird, etc...

I thought it was funny and stupid, but I posted it anyway. Even had a disclaimer.

Then I read this, over at my friend Laura's blog... and then this at her daughter's.

Catholic Guilt set in. Big Time. After all I violated at least three commandments (1, 3 and 7, I believe).

So in an effort to 'clean up my act' I am linking you to the original here, and giving you what I am talking about below...


1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.

2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.

3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.

4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.

5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.

6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.

7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.

8. You shall not steal another person’s content.

9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.

10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s blog ranking. Be content with your own content.



Enjoy, and play nice. :)

7 comments:

  1. I take all my Sabbath days all together during my holidays (in one week). Does it works? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that! I am soooo gonna link to it in a future post! With your permission, of course!
    Oh! By the way, you're tagged! Angie at Big Hair Envy tagged me and she is one of my favorite people in the world, so it comes from a very good place!
    Head on over to my site and please play! It won't hurt....much. lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Roger. And I wasn't even thinking of that picture when I posted the 10 commandments! Glad to be of service.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. I'm out right out of the chute with #1.

    Do pictures count for #8?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Great idea, even if it hits uncomfortably close to home on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. Love it. I think it should be posted everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words to blog by (and live by). I am definitely guilty of #10.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!