Friday, November 20, 2009

Phobia Friday

Let's see how long this one lasts. :)
 
It's Friday, so it must mean phobias. Are you excited yet? I love looking at words and trying to think of the etymology of each, or in this case more than likely, making fun of the words. Not the condition, the words. Don't want anyone to be upset with little ol' me because I made a little fun of their irrational fear.
 
 
Today's phobias are:
 
Ablutophobia - Fear of washing or bathing. (A "blue toe?" Maybe you ought to get that taken care of and take a bath!) (It has to get better, right?)
Achluophobia - Fear of darkness (I actually feel like saying "God Bless You!" after hearing this word read out loud.)
Acrophobia - Fear of heights (Obviously named for someone that isn't acrobatic. But shouldn't it be Nonacrophobia?) (I'm not so sure that this was/is a good idea.)
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances. (Lots of people have this today, with reason.)
Agrizoophobia- Fear of wild animals. (It's a mix of grizzly and zoo, and could just as easily be 'Arhizoophobia, Atigezoophobia, Aleozoophobia. You get the point.)
 
Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street. (I figured that this was just a fear of a Greek sandwich, made from lamb meat.)
 
 
(ED: Methinks that everyone will now have a fear known as Mylhirogerstupidtalkaphobia, or something like that. Maybe he should just stick to stealing Jeff's idea. At least he has readers.)

 

C - YA!
 
Roger

4 comments:

  1. Roger, you would have been good buddies with Tolkein had you lived in his time!

    So...what's the word for a fear of clowns? That's what I've got. Bozophobia? Gacyphobia? Ronald McDopohobia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger! Nobody is going to be scared of your blog! It's too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your definitions better. And yes, I think you SHOULD use my idea. I'm waiting!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnnMarie -Gacyphobia works for two fears; one of clowns, the other for strange psychopathic killers. The again, I just go with Rogerdontlikethemaphobia, I'm thinking of submitting that one, to who I'm not to sure. Rest assured though, it will be sent to somebody.

    Krissa - You are too kinid.

    Jeff - It's coming, and one of the voices is getting a little nervous, hence my new twitch.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!