Saturday, November 14, 2009

Duhawks 3; Gorlocks 1

I decided to go and support Andy's college soccer team, as they played round one of the NCAA Div III soccer playoffs. After asking for volunteers, Katie decided that she would travel with dear old Dad to Dubuque and watch the Duhawks take on the Webster University Gorlocks.

It was a fun game to watch and Loras totally dominated the game, as you can see by the stats. Unless, of course you don't understand them. In which case you will just have to trust me. So they next will be playing Macalester College tomorrow evening to see who moves on to the next round.

After this adventure there are two things I want to know. Why did I decide to make the three-hour journey there to watch a game on a cold evening (don't let that 52 degree temp in the box score fool you, it felt a lot cooler), and then drive back in the same day? I actually know the answer to this, I love soccer and thought it would be cool to see a playoff game and help support Andy's school. Benjy wanted to come, but he had to sing at mass tonight, so he couldn't make it. Sure, we could have gone to tomorrow's game, but there was no guarantee that there would be a game tomorrow, and it also starts later and I would have to go to work on Monday, and since I just got home (around 11:15pm), with tomorrow's later start, I would only get back that much later.

My second question is; What the heck is a Gorlock?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!