Monday, November 16, 2009

Eucharistic Act of Faith

(2004-11-07 In a letter addressed to Archbishop Carlo
Ghidelli of Lanciano- Orlona, the Pope said: "I very
much desire that, during the Year of the Eucharist,
every diocesan community renew publicly its act of
faith in Jesus present in the sacrament of the altar
and inspire all its life and pastoral action in the
Eucharistic spirituality that emerges so clearly in
the evangelical accounts."

The Eucharistic Act of Faith was authored by the Catholic
Doors Ministry in response to the above statement.
This prayer should be reproduced according to the need
of each faith community so that its members will all
have a copy when publicly renewing together their act
of faith in the Real Presence of the Eucharist.)

I believe in God the Father Almighty.
I believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ.
I believe in God the Holy Spirit.
I believe in the Holy Trinity.

I believe in the Real Presence of Jesus
in the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
I believe in the Real Presence of Jesus
in the Body of Christ, the Consecrated Bread.
I believe in the Real Presence of Jesus
in the Blood of Christ, the Consecrated Wine.

I believe that Jesus instituted the One, Holy, Catholic
and Apostolic Church as His dwelling Home on earth.
I believe in the Real Presence of Jesus
in the Sacred Tabernacles of the Catholic Church.
I believe that Jesus is truly present physically among us,
over and above being spiritually present within us.
May this truth be known to all for the glory of God.

Amen.



(Source: Catholic.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!