Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Batman Begins... A Chick Flick?

Sure there are lots of guns and masked crusaders, but if you really look at it, objectively, it's really a love story between Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes. Just take this line of dialog, for instance:

Rachel Dawes: I never stopped thinking about you. About us. And when I heard you were back, I-I started to hope.
[
Rachel kisses Bruce]
Rachel Dawes: But then I found out about your mask.
Bruce Wayne: Batman's just a symbol, Rachel.
Rachel Dawes: [Rachel touches Bruce's face] No, *this* is your mask. Your real face is the one that criminals now fear. The man I loved - the man who vanished - he never came back at all. But maybe he's still out there, somewhere. Maybe some day, when Gotham no longer needs Batman, I'll see him again.


I mean if that doesn't just scream out "chick flick," what does?

Except if it included, say, vampires and werewolves.

Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!