Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - I Barely Knew Ya!

Hi!



Hello?



Anyone still out there?



I see you.



Just checking, because I know that I have been enjoying life, liberty and all those fun pursuits lately, that I almost forgot all about you. Have no fear though, as I am back.



With a vengeance.



Okay, maybe that is a little bit harsh, but I am here and here am I.



I have been debating about doing one of those year-end list kind of posts, but that would mean that I would have to actually remember what has happened in the past twelve months. Sure I could go back and read what happened this year, via this blog, but that would take a lot of time as I have posted quite a bit. In fact, if you are bored this weekend, give it a try and let me know what you think.



So, now I just have to figure out how I going to go about this whole year in review thingy. I could do the year politic , entertainment , books , etc. But you can follow those links to get a sampling of that. Remember, they get paid to do it. I think.



As you can see, by that small sampling, there is a lot of this stuff out there.



To me though, the year boils down to this... One in college, five in between, one in diapers, seventeen-plus years of marriage, everyone happy, and healthy (still working on wealthy and wise (although I do consider my family to be very wise, I don't want to be accused of bragging)).



Andy - My college freshman is doing great and as I am writing this, he is watching his favorite show (One Tree Hill) and relaxing. It's good to be the king, or something like that. P.S. don't tell him I told you his favorite show - he'll deny it anyway.



My in-between, Benjy, Jessie, Katie, Maggie, and Danny are all doing well with gymnastics, soccer (Benjy), softball (Jessie and Katie) and just being great kids. School work is an area where they can pick up the pace a little bit, and I am sure that 2010 will see them excel there.



Timmy - My child in diapers is, well, a child in diapers. Seriously though, I don't think a moment goes by when he isn't either smiling or bringing a smile to our faces. If his first five months are any indication, we will be having a blast watching him grow up. As with the rest.



Jenni and I are still happy. Happy to be together. Happy to have our handful of children. Happy to have our health and happy to have great friends. I can think of no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with. Period.



I would like to end on a laugh, and since I don't spend too much time on the web (yeah right!), I leave it to others to find my funny videos and stories, like this one


from Nunly at Bad Habit...

I hope that your 2009 was a great year, I know mine was (well, I will once I get done reading all those posts from this year) and may 2010 bring you many blessings, and a lottery win (don't forget to share).

God Bless!!







1 comment:

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!