Monday, December 14, 2009

A Christmas Prayer

I wanted to share a prayer that my daughter, Katie (10), wrote. Enjoy.
 
 My Christmas Prayer

Dear God,

Do you want to know why I love Christmas so much?

Because it's Jesus' Birthday, the best time of the year!

We also get some really good food.

I love how joy just spreads around.

We might get some new stuff.  

I am also thankful for Jesus, because when Jesus died on the cross, He forgave

all of us for our sins.

 I am also thankful for my family and friends because there is always someone to talk and play with.

I am thankful for the food we eat and the water we drink.

I am thankful for shelter.

I am thankful for teachers that teach me.

I pray for the homeless.  I wonder where they are living right now.

I pray for the hungry and thirsty.

I pray for family, and that we have good health.

The people with no money, what will they have to live on?

I pray for the people that do not have many clothes to wear.

I pray for the people that are sick.

This is my meaning of Christmas, Jesus' Birthday, a day to celebrate, and a day like no other.

The people I love: Nana, Poppa, Mom, Dad, Andy, Benjy, Jessie, Maggie, Danny, Timmy, Uncle Ben, Aunt Dana, Alli, Uncle Geoff, Aunt Jenni, Jacob, and Anna.

Places I care about, my house, Nana and Poppa's house, Uncle Ben and Aunt Dana's house, Uncle Geoff and Aunt Jenni's house, and Church.

Here are some things that I hope come true on Christmas Day, happiness, joy and love.

Amen