Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to the master, Neil Gaiman, read his short stories and they were wonderful, disturbing, exciting, well-written (of course). My favorite story would probably be Goldfish which shows interesting sides of Hollywood, both human and I'll say inhuman but it's just business, I guess. My least favorites were probably stories that seemed to end abruptly which probably says more about me than the writer, to be honest. The collection goes into the mind and makes you think on several occasions and the final story, which I am ashamed to admit I forgot the title for, tells the tale of Snow White from a different point of view and makes you think of Snow in a completely different light, to say the least. I recommend this story for everyone to read, except maybe those under the age of 16 as there is some adult content in several stories - he won an award for an erotic story for example. If you want a real treat though, get the audiobook.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!