Let's see where this leads us, shall we?
I'll start with the easy stuff first, the spending. I like to spend more than steal so this naturally came easier to me - or so I thought. So in no particular order the five things I would splurge on would be:
- A trip to Disney World - all of them. I know some are called Disneyland and all that jazz, but basically, if it's a world of Disney, I would gladly splurge on it because I find that there is great value in each trip to Disney that I have ever taken. I feel happier when I am there, the kids always have a great time, heck my twenty-year old son pretty much insisted that we bring him along on our upcoming trip in June. So for me, this is definitely a no-brainer when it comes to splurges.
- A Chevrolet Suburban, by far the best vehicle I had ever owned. I loved it, and then I lost my job which led to losing my vehicle. I have always said that if I could ever afford one again, I would go for it and keep it this time.
- A trip to Scotland. I visited the country once while I was serving in the Air Force in England, and absolutely fell in love with the place. I have always thought that it would be a great place to retire to, but then how would I afford to visit my grand kids (assuming that I will have some, someday). A visit back would be grand, and who knows maybe someday Jenni and I will make it there.
- A trip to Italy, all of Italy and specifically Vatican City. This is a place that I feel is a must on my list of things to do before I die. It has everything I love in life, great art, great writings and I hear great food. What's not to love, right?
- I would love to see either a baseball game in every single stadium for major league teams, or to see every single game of one of the following teams; Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, or the Colorado Rockies - the Rockies would be my first choice since eighty-two of their games are played in Colorado, then Cincinnati would be a dream since they were my favorite team growing up, and finally the Cubs would be my third choice. However, any one of them would be awesome.
Now, things I would steal - hypothetically of course.
- An iPad. I just don't get the hype and I don't want the expense, although truth be told, it would be kind of cool to own one I think. Just as long as I didn't have to pay for it.
- A Maserati... no reason other than it would be cool to have a really fast car with a fancy name.
- Starbuck's Mochas... I love them, just don't always want to pay for them.
- Gym membership, I have one and pay for it, but really, wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just go there and utilize them? Except when I'm there, I'm kind of shy.
- Anytime access to the Library of Congress. A little quirky I know, but imagine the writings in the place and the history. I saw this movie once where this guy read from a diary at the Library of Congress once and he found a big load of hidden gold just by following the clues left in that diary. Can you just imagine what hasn't been found yet?
That's my entry into this week's Fun Monday, make sure you visit In Good Company to see who else participated this week, and maybe you'll want to join us next week.
Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you real soon.