Monday, May 31, 2010

Severed

Here is a contest entry that I submitted - didn't win, but I had fun with it anyway. The concept was to write something that would constitute your thoughts after your head has been severed from your body. Gruesome concept, but fun just the same. The thought is that your brain will continue for about sixty seconds, or so.


Okay, those of you that can hear me, listen up. My afternoon started out normally, until I noticed that there was no more Diet Coke. In my house that is as close to a mortal sin as you can get, in a non-sacrilegious manner. I figured I would run to the store, grab me a bottle of my favorite beverage, maybe even a case for later. I took my bicycle, I never ride my bicycle, what was I thinking? I know what I was thinking, I needed the exercise, well now I don’t, but that is beside the point. The point you ask? Good question. The point is that you never know when a cement truck will decide to take your head off, even when you had the right of way. So now as my consciousness, or whatever it is now, leaves me, all I have to say is, I hope I did something worthwhile. All my love, my dear...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!