Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Getaway #1

"I just can't take it anymore."

That's how it all started for me. I had quite the successful life, earning well into six figures. My children were all being taught at the best schools, and we took lavish vacations.

Then it all changed.

Too much in life was being taken for granted, by people that felt entitled to anything and everything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping out someone when they are down and out, but it gets a little frustrating to be in line behind someone using food stamps and then driving away in a nicer car than my own.

I had some pretty nice cars, let me tell you.

I think the final straw was when my boss decided to continue to allow some of his employees continue walking all over him. I'm sure that he thought that he was helping out, but all he was doing was empowering them to continue walking over him.

Then he got fired.

In order to bring more order to the office they brought in some hotshot that had a history of fixing branches and returning them to a more profitable situation. It wasn't a case of us not being profitable, we were, it 's just that they felt that the new guy could do so much more.

Two weeks later, I gave my notice. A week after that, my wife and I decided to leave. Everything. The house, the schools, the fancy restaurants, everything.

Like I said, I have had several great years where we made more than enough money to live off of. We had a good eighteen months worth in reserve, so when we sold the house and everything else, we felt comfortable that whatever we were going to do next, we would be able to survive it.

Little did we know...

***

Thus begins a story that I have been playing around with. Yes, I know that it is rough, but that's why we write and then rewrite, and then rewrite again. It's what we do. Lucky for you, I need someone to check it out and give feedback, positive (would be great) and negative (not as great, but ever so helpful and I do not take it personally, ever), just as long as it is feedback.

Why would you want to do this? Great question. My answer is because you want to help me out and possibly learn along with me. I'm not selfish. So what's going to happen? Another great question, to which I answer: I will be posting chapters under the title... hmm... let's go with The Getaway, followed by a number, which will coincide with an installment, including a revision level. For example this chapter, or part would be called The Getaway #1, and all subsequent revisions will be listed as #1a, b, c, etc.

Got it? Good.

Also, I'm thinking of getting together with my fellow readers to write a story, together, through each of our blogs. I think that this will be a lot of fun, and I am looking for some partners. I figure that it can't hurt my blog traffic, and I want to see what we can come up with. So if you are interested, let me know and we'll take it from there.

Okay, I'll be back... :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, an autobiography I see. ;-)

    This looks intriguing and has my attention, as well as the power to go anywhere. It will be fun to see where you take it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!