Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rox Reign Begins With Rain, Thankfully

Dear Colorado Rockies,

Whoa! Did you guys get a break there, with the rain! I left work and saw that the score was 5-1 in favor of the Redbirds, and figured that you had lost the game. Only just now (I know, some fan right?) did I look at the standings and see that you were a half game behind the Dodgers and Diamondbacks.

How could this be? I mean Jeff Francis couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, by the sounds of it. Okay, sound isn't really a true representation of what I saw/heard. It was actually the visual that I was getting in my head as I watched my Gamecast showing pitch after pitch after pitch going for balls. You threw ten of them in a row. Ten!

After two and one-third innings you had given up 5 runs, something like 4 base-on-balls, a double and a home run.

Yikes!!

You sir, are the ace of this magical team. Although my daughter could have done just as well yesterday as you did. Okay, obvious hyperbole, but still.

Yikes, again!!

Fear not, for after one out in the third inning, the skies opened up. The rains came down, and kept coming. Finally after more than an hour and a half of the sky perspiring, the umpires called it.

Your stats for the day now read 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00

Way better than the alternative, don't you think?

As for the offense, guys you need to hit the ball AWAY from their defenders. Actually you all did an outstanding job, compared to the ace of the staff. So enjoy the re-opening day today and bring one home for the purple and black.

Go Rox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!