Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What April Is All About (At Least On This Blog)

Just so you don't think that I am crazy, or anything like that. I want to explain what you may be seeing during the month of April.

Now, I use this blog to try and improve my skills as a writer, believe it or not, and I really do dig constructive criticism, so please by all means, let me know when I write a bad sentence, use a comma incorrectly, or even (God Forbid!) misspell a word. I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Most of the time.

To that end, I am a big fan of this NaBloPoMo concept, in case you couldn't tell, because it forces encourages me to write more. As every aspiring writer knows, the best way to improve your writing is to; write, write and write again. So finally, after many years of procrastination, I think I have found a way to get off the couch (so to speak, since I am sitting on my couch as I type this) and get back to doing something that I love. Blogging, er I mean writing. :)

This month, April for those of you that may be calendar challenged, the theme is letters. I used to love writing letters, then I think email came around and ... well you know, I kind of got lazy. Heck if I write an email that is more than a paragraph (especially with my current boss) it is considered too long.

I don't get that. Of course, I have been known to get a little long in the wind category, in case you hadn't noticed.

Anyway, you will notice posts that are letters. As you may have noticed I already wrote to the Colorado Rockies. I wonder if I will ever send these letters out - okay, no I really don't wonder, I know it won't happen - have you seen the price of a stamp lately?

So look for letters that will, hopefully, be entertaining and maybe even controversial, or educational. (No Way!)

Anyway, enjoy your April, whether you come along for this ride with me, or not.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!