Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Don't Know...

But I think that Tom Cruise is teetering on the edge of sanity (ironic considering how he feels about mental health issues), Gawker has some insight, and a new lawsuit to possibly deal with because of this. You get to see Tom in all of his glory.

Now, is Tom comparable to one John the Baptist? Or to the Second Coming? I think not. However, there are many out there that believe just that. Some believe that Suri Cruise was conceived using the late L. Ron Hubbard's frozen sperm, and that she is the new "Messiah" of Scientology.

Should we be scared? Should we be rejoicing?

I don't know if scared is the right term, because even though the video says that Tom has talked to over one billion people about Scientology - where's the data for that, anyway? I don't think that Scientology has a billion followers. Maybe a few million, but I seriously doubt billion.

As for rejoicing? No. I don't believe any of the Scientology stuff. I think it is just a very popular cult of science fiction geeks that are following one of the pioneers of science fiction writing. That's it.

Besides, what kind of Catholic would I be if I believed that stuff. I can tell you honestly, that even if I wasn't a Catholic, I wouldn't believe it.

So there!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for commenting; I'm very pleased to meet you!

    Re the Disney question: Yes, we did take all nine of ours, in the middle of November for the baby's first birthday, and it was absolutely fantastical...if you overlook the happenstance that she was POSITIVELY TERRIFIED of Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore, after we waited for two hours to celebrate her b'day dinner at the Crystal Palace.

    The only way we managed it, though, is through the generosity of a colleague of my husband, to whom my husband had referred some clients. He popped for the whole trip -- we even stayed at the Polynesian! (You can find reference to this trip in "A Christmas Letter Retrospective: 2002," which I posted in December sometime. I'd find you the URL and post it here, but I'm late leaving for my ANNUAL RETREAT!!! "Thanks be to God," sing my kids, according to whom I've been a "mean, inconsiderate Nazi" since returning from the Wild West trip.)

    We had all nine there last year, too, when my son played in that tournament, wasting one of the two days left on the Park Hopper passes the "Disney Saint" gave us. That's when I learned the lesson about not bothering to go Christmas week.

    Oh, and yes, the rest of the "No Place Like Home..." series is coming; ironically, I was just thinking on my last drive (10 minutes ago) that I needed to complete that. Part III is our decision for and initiation into the world of public schooling, and Part IV touts the military boarding school option.

    Various reminiscences of the Pudner Homeschooling Era will pop up occasionally.

    And finally, please, feel free to leave comments as lengthy as you like. Lord knows I will :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!