Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun Monday - $10 Million

So I have decided to try a new thing, that new thing is called Fun Monday, and if you would like to join in the fun head over to Molly's place and sign up. Today's "Fun" deals with money, specifically $10 million, and what I would do with it. Let's see what I come up with, shall we?

I have just received $10 million and I can do with it what I please - Awesome!

My first inclination would be to go out and buy a bigger house, my family has grown a lot since we moved into our "starter home" and it would be nice to have a little more room, my next inclination would be to take care of those I love, etc. However, this is what I would really do with it...

The first 10% of the money, $1 million would go to my church. Period. They do good work and it would feel good to be able to help a lot more people. If I could designate it further, I would probably ask that some of it goes into a scholarship fund for students wishing to attend the school.

The next $1 million would go to the St Vincent de Paul society, with the intent being to build a home for those that are down on their luck, a place where everyone can feel safe, get a good meal, warm shower and a peaceful nights rest.

Next up would be to secure the future for my wife and children, $750,000 for each child will be put into a trust fund that they can access after they turn 25. I chose 25 instead of 21 because I figure they will be a little more mature by then, plus it would give my oldest five years to build up a little interest. By the time my youngest could access his, we're talking 23 years of building interest. I'll probably have to hit him up for a loan then.

Not really, because I would also put $1.5 million in a nice little retirement fund for Jenni and I. After all, I probably won't have any social security to rely on, nor would I really want to.

That leaves us with $1,250,000 left for buying that new house and cars, paying for the kids tuition's, and the best part, getting on a chartered airplane with all my friends (you know who you are already) and visit all of the Disneyland's/worlds. Starting at Walt Disney World and heading east, to France, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Anaheim and finally ending up back at Walt Disney World.

I would need something to occupy my time while my new house was being built, right?

So what would you do if you were given $10 million?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Roger! Welcome to the long running Fun Monday players. We spin some pretty good tales here and solve all the world's problems so hope you'll sign up with Molly for the upcoming weeks. I thought it was interesting that you allocated a specific amount of money for each of your winnings recipients. Since you're the only male so far who played this week, guess we'll just assume that your approach was just the guy's way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger, Thanks for joining our Fun Monday group. I am impressed with the depth of your answer. You have distributed your money with some forethought. Giving money to the church is always a good option and St Vincent de Paul does good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I wasn't so analyticalin my list :) Great use of money. You might want to up that age limit to 30, speaking from personal experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great list... well thought and managed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fond memories of going to St. Vinnie's Thrift Shop with my mom when I was a kid. It's where she finally found the gravy boat she always wanted! Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've allocated it out. My list was somewhat nebulous. It's hard to wrap my head around that much money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my list looks a whole lot like yours!! except for the Disney lands....I'd like to travel...but not to Disney :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roger,
    I thought that you might like to try Fun monday again.I stopped by to let you know the Fun Monday assignment is posted. I hope that you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!