Thursday, December 23, 2010

One In, One Out

2010 has been a good year.

Well, okay, it's really been kind of a blah year personally, but in one instance (technically two) it has been a very good year.

In October, my oldest daughter (Jessie) turned 13.

I know on the surface that may not seem like a good kind of thing, with all the stories you hear about teen-aged girls, etc. All true, by the way, just saying. So true that I think our next daughter (Katie) is already practicing to be a teen-aged girl. Which of course, means that Maggie will start following her older sisters lead, in about a week.

Never was a fan of fishing, that may change. Again, just saying.

Where was I? Oh yeah, 2010 has been a good year, really it has. As we near the end of it, we have reached another milestone, of sorts. Our oldest, Andy, turned twenty today.

Yes 20.

It's a proud moment as a parent, seeing your children grow up into such fine, responsible young men and women... no really, it's kind of fun to watch as they fall flat on their faces on occasion. Just like we did, and we have turned out okay. Right? In all honesty, I know for a fact that I fell on my face way more than Andy has. I would also love to take credit for it, but we all know the truth don't we?

So my theme for 2010, if a year needs a theme, is "One in, one out."

Of their teen-aged years.

This won't happen in our home again until the year 2019. Not quite Haley's Comet like, but still.

Happy Birthday Andy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you had a good year...and there is something good to be said for "blah". I would love "blah" in my life at this point in time. :-)

    It's always great to see those milestones our kids reach. I remember when I called to wish my oldest daughter Happy Birthday when she turned 30. She did a lot of complaining about "getting old" and I told her to quit the whining...when she turns out to be the MOTHER of a 30 year old, then she can complain. ;-)

    My youngest, Tony, is just 6 months from his 21st birthday...yikes!

    Happy Birthday Andy! And Merry Christmas to to you and your family, Roger!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!