Monday, May 19, 2008

A New Day = A New Project

Yep, and there will be pictures!! Not for this post though.

As you all know this past week, I celebrated finishing what I am now calling Phase 1 of basically a complete kitchen remodel. (If I only knew...).

Anyway, I was just getting comfortable with a book, that I can't find the time to read, yesterday (Sunday) when the love of my life pointed out that the kitchen isn't done yet.

What do you mean? I ask.

What about this half of the floor that needs to be sanded, and this head-banger over the stove, and the stove, and... (I think that I may have passed out at this point).

So, I pick my lazy butt up off the couch and proceed into the kitchen to survey the work that needs to be done.

Sanding the floor - Nope, I need a sander and conveniently do not have any money to rent one. Plus, it's messy and excuse after excuse, ad nauseam.

Head Banger? - Well, I would have to climb up into the attic and figure that out, removing power, taking apart the vent, and removing the head-banger itself. The head-banger is an exhaust fan with light that is over the stove, you know to exhaust my burnt food, and light it up so I could see it. Anyway, it earned it's name because it sits rather low, and I think you know the rest. When the baby started banging his head, we just knew it had to go. :)

Stove removal - Should be a piece of cake right? Lift out the stove and disconnect the hose to the gas supply.

So what do you think I did?

Stay tuned....

6 comments:

  1. Oy!
    You've got your hands full don't you. Wives are always good at 'remminding' their husbands...mine would say I excell at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do mine! alamen, so do mine!
    That's the only way to get what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I vote that you went to Home Depot to check on the availability of sanding machines and by the time you got home, it was too late to do anything for the day... Correct?
    Blessings & Peace, EJT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, forgot to say, that's what I would have done. Pax, E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finish the kitchen? Isn't it easier to move?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you're dealing with here. I have an open honey-do list about 15 items long, and I can find a good excuse not to do ANY of them. Well, at least I think they're good.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!