Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ship Sinking Standards Set Soon

Critics search for ages for the wrong word, which, to give them credit, they eventually find. ~ Peter Ustinov

You know that you are having a bad week when you have a great idea of something to write down, one that came to your mind when you saw the quote above, and one that disappeared just as quickly.

So now what?

I could apologize for boring the snot out of you, but that would just not be my style.

Well, maybe.

I could talk about the beloved Blackhawks of Chicago, but they didn't have a very good night tonight. Actually Cam Ward had a GREAT night in goal for the Hurricanes of Carolina.

Are there actually a lot of hurricanes that hit South Carolina? Just curious, but I don't think that they get nailed nearly as much as say, Florida, or Texas. Those states seem to attract them for some reason.

There is the news of the day that I can report on, except for the fact that I really don't pay any attention to the news when it's a weekend. That's right, if you want to catch me completely unawares, then do something over a weekend, because I won't read about it until Monday. And that's only if it's a big story.

I can reiterate the fact that I really did enjoy the movie Inglorious Basterds last night, although it wasn't nearly as gory/bloody as one would think a Quentin Tarantino movie would be. Probably why there are some snarky comments about it. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

Everyone's a critic.


* By the way, the title doesn't make any sense to me either.

4 comments:

  1. Here's some weekend news for ya...<a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35149679/ns/us_news/>Evangelism gone wrong</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops...the html code didn't work.

    Here ya go, here's the site.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35149679/ns/us_news/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Everyone's a critic! It was a good movie, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Ellen - that's one way to evangelize to the youth. Crazy people out there, I tell ya!

    Krissa - That movie was great, too bad Andy took it back to school with him. Oh well, guess I will have to buy myself a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!