Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year - Same Goals?

Finally got on the computer this evening, and saw this quote:

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~ Douglas Adams

It struck me as funny, and appropriate for my goals of 2010.

Yes, I do have them. I even had some for 2009, believe it or not. A couple, off the top of my head, were to blog every day of the past year. I think I went over 230 days before the wings flew off and I burned up. Or something like that.

Another goal was to read at least one book a month. Score!! I listed 16 books in that books read in 2009 tab, and I am pretty sure that at least two are missing.

I also thought that it would be pretty cool to have another child added to my family. Score again, as Timothy Alexander joined our crazy crew on July 6. I even did a live Facebook thingy, which some people appreciated and helped pass the time in the hospital. Then I passed out.

Not really, just had to sit down. Really quick.

So, what does 2010 have in store for me, as far as goals go? I shall list them (I've been reading that lists are good for drawing a crowd, so why not?)

  1. Blog everyday in 2010. I have the will and I will make it work this year. After all, third time is supposed to be a charm, right?
  2. I am going to shoot for reading 24 books this year.
  3. Bringing another child into my family, is not really in the plans, but if it is God's will - then it will be done.
  4. Write, and not just for the blog. I want to start out with a goal of 3500 words per week (not counting blog writing). I would love for this to be in the form of the 'Great Uzbekistan Novel' since the 'Great American Novel' has probably already been written, so why not start with a small country that no one knows too much about. Baby steps, baby. Baby steps.
  5. I would love to lose 5% of a ton this year, but will settle for 2.5%. Either amount would make me one-third or one-sixth of my former self. Oh, and my knees would quit their bitching.
  6. Go to Mass every Holy Day of Obligation - not really a problem, and I can't remember the last one I missed (including today's), so I'm feeling pretty good about the success rate of this one.
  7. Going to Adoration at least one hour a week - not really hard when you think about the fact that there is 168 hours in a week.
  8. Take my prescribed 'happy pills' as prescribed, which reminds me ... okay, one day done.
  9. Treat my wife and children with the respect they deserve 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  10. Become less reliant on my credit cards, and be a little more fiscally responsible. I have a lot of stuff to prepare for in the not to distant future, so I can't be 'wild and crazy' with my money anymore.
  11. Head out west to visit family, including my grandmother and brother and sister in-law, as well as my niece.
So there we have ten goals for me, and I will let you know when I fall on my face - I'm pretty honest when it comes to that, at least I think I am.

Back to the quote, and goal number one, now maybe you can see why I found it to be funny.

What are your goals for the year ahead? Are they all achievable, or do you like to set yourself up for a rough time?

Have a blessed year, and thanks for reading, I do appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the goals. But I think last year's goal of having a baby is invalid if the baby was born in July. It smacks of cheating. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!