Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Madness!

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty. ~ Leo Rosten

Money, the root of all evil. I think I read that somewhere once, or maybe it was pizza. Oh well. I tried, so now we will have to try something different...

About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. ~Herbert Hoover

Back to evil here. What the heck, I don't want to talk about money, yet the quotes very clearly denote money, or something like that.

How about this, there is this song and keeps going on in my head, so I will post the video for it here with the hopes that it will leave. Your ear worm for the day is...






You're welcome!

*****

Did I mention that I finished my second book of the year already? Pretty awesome. It was Michael Crichton's last, well I am assuming it was his last because he was already dead when they found the completed manuscript in his computer. So, unless he has an external hard drive that they haven't found yet with more of his books, I will have to stick with it being his last.

*****

Saw this, at A Wink and a Smile, and thought that I would share it. Good advice for the young girls in our lives as a reminder that they are all beautiful and to wait for someone to come along that will take the time to get to know you. It's good stuff, so go check it out.

*****

article photo
By the way, I love this...(up there). That image is going to be on 1000 NYC subways, as a way of encouraging people to seek God.

*****

That's it for tonight, good night!




4 comments:

  1. Look at you and your mad book reading skillz. I've started quite a few but just can't get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had seen that little apple story when my girls were growing up. Honestly, the first two girls couldn't have picked the worse men in their lives and I have no idea why. First child finally "got it" and is leaving her man, the second child divorced hers about 7 years ago. If only they would have listened to their mom....sigh.

    Two books already? Yikes! I haven't even had a chance to read the newspaper in the last week! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole heartedly about the ends being moved. Seems to keep happening in our lives, too!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Roger! Really? The BeeGee's? You just HAD to do that to me? Heh So now I have a new earworm...
    That message on the sides of the subways is awesome! Who is paying for it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!