Sunday, January 31, 2010

Being Bi-Polar Sucks

Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside an advertising agency. ~ Raymond Chandler

Andy went "home" today. Yes, that home away from home, also known as college.

It was very traumatic, which is odd considering it's his second semester and all. Alas, there was lots of drama, maybe even a few tears.

Not by Andy.

Nor by any of his siblings.

Momma didn't even shed a tear. As an aside, she did want to kick my posterior, in a big way. Can't say that I blame her, I was being a bad boy.

Yes, you guessed it, I became an emotional wreck.

Not because of Andy going back to school, no we're kind of enjoying the extra space. I kid, because I care.

No, because my Christmas present, the one that I had so thoughtfully worked into getting, was going back to school with Andy. Sure, I don't use it that much, actually, I can't remember using it at all while Andy was away on his 'J' term. It just sat there, minding it's own business.

Oh, it also killed my DVR, but I digress.

So maybe I should be thanking Andy for giving it a better home, after all, he did use it the most. I finally did relax and realize the truth of the matter, but I probably could have handled it a little better, especially since Andy was also borrowing a few things that I wasn't expecting.

They would have been useless now anyway, so I should have realized that as well.

I'm thinking that maybe I might have missed taking a pill today, but hate blaming my moods on that, no matter how factual the evidence is on the matter.

I guess I will just have to live without it's company, which is good for me to realize, especially since it's 150 miles away and all, however, I will try to remember the good times that we shared in the month that we had together.

I will miss you, but you are in good hands.

Live well and free, dear PS3.

What?

Did you expect it to be something really important?

2 comments:

  1. I guess being the mom of a teenage boy who is away at college helped me...I knew exactly what you were talking about (sorta-I guessed X-Box360).

    Only I wouldn't let my son take it to school with him...which didn't matter, his roommate brought his. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is why we caved . . . his roommate had a different game system. We pray that this added distraction won't affect the grades. I guess maybe it will keep him from some of the parties, huh?!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!