Sunday, August 30, 2009

What Happened?

I wish I knew.

All I know is that after nearly eight full months*, I didn't post yesterday.

Funny thing though, I thought I did.

Seriously, I honestly thought I wrote and posted something yesterday. It was all about our day taking Andy to college. With a lot more detail, in fact, it was one of the better things I had written, full of drama, humor and all the good things that I think I like to do - or something like that.

Problem is, I didn't. Trust me I checked to see if maybe I forgot to hit post and it was left as a draft. No such luck. I even thought about doing a quick fake and posting something post(or would it be pre) dated. Alas, I chose to live with it, because I honestly have to be honest with myself and with all of you faithful readers.

Truth be told, I was kind of just winging it the past couple of days, and this was bound to have an affect on my readership, if it hadn't already (comments have been nil as of late).

So, what do I do from here? Well, I can start another streak, or I can concentrate on giving a better product and maybe post only five times a week, or less. Knowing myself, like I do, I will probably start up another streak, or try to be more like some of you out there that I read, and post three or four times a day - no, not stories, more like a quote, an editorial on a news story, a funny story, a joke... and more pictures.

We'll see.

*268 posts in 240 days

3 comments:

  1. I applaud you for being so faithful. I've given up on weekend posting. Reading has been nil for the past month and I feel for my friends who must have thought that I died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I used to try to post every other day without fail, but eventually just resigned to TRY to post every other day. It got too stressful to try to keep on a firm schedule and it started taking some of the fun out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was getting burned out a bit, or something. i mean I had no problem commenting, or communicating through Facebook or Plurk... Of course, I haven't really written anything here for five days, so... I better get cracking, I think. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!