Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On My Mind

The story was there, in all of it's glory, yet I couldn't quite grasp it. Only bits of character flaws were reaching my conscious mind; six feet four inches tall, red hair, red beard, a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, a double-barrelled shotgun and a lazy diner in Iowa. Also there is the figure of $11 million and the fact that the guy wore a faded American flag bandanna.

Wow.

Now if I can just put it all together. Was the man bitter about something? Did he want to hurt somebody, anybody, every body?

These are some of the things that have been bothering me for a very long time. I have no idea why, just that it is there and won't go away, almost like I am responsible for its release. The problem is, I am missing a few details and whenever I think of something, it just doesn't feel right.

Lately, I've been envisioning caves, more specifically a cave. An awesome cave. One that is large enough for more than one person to live in and is pretty much self-sufficient, and it needs to be, because we are in a post-apocalyptic age, but how did it get there? Is red beard the owner, or just an occupant?

Ooh, another image popped into my head, a long overcoat, a duster I believe, leather and black.

Then it's gone.

Stupid Burger King commercial comes on the television at a volume that is way, way louder than the previous program was/is. Very annoying. Almost as annoying as changing the name of the channel from Sci-Fi to SyFy. Makes no sense.

Kind of like this post, no doubt, but it had to be said, it had to be released, it's my little notebook if you will.

***

Gonna be a fun day at work tomorrow, Fnewgy will have to actually talk to the Good Ol Boy, and I get a front row. Yay. Not.

Thanks for allowing my vent, more later. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Every now and then your posts take on a mind of their own. Today is one of those times. ;b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read The Road by Cormac McCarthy? Post apocolyptic world - no real cause as to how we got that way, just brash descriptions as to HOW life is. Maybe you don't need that reason. Maybe you don't have to say WHY he wants/needs/is after the $11 million, just detail the story of how he goes about finding it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting on the dirt regarding Fnewgy VS Good Ol' Boy match-up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Roger! That was a fascinating insight! It sounds like you were dreaming it, or was it daydreaming it? I want to know.
    Fnewgy, should provide some good blog fodder at least! I am anxious to hear what happens!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!