Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Most Surreal Thing I Have Seen

Here I am, flipping through the channels when I come across a Mexican League Soccer game.

So I stop to watch.

It's in Spanish.

I don't speak Spanish.

Don't need to, it's Soccer!

That was not the surreal thing, I do it all the time, just ask my family. I almost always stop for a soccer game, the only time I don't is if a) Jenni won't let me. b) The kids won't let me. or c) Stargate is on.

Yes, I'm serious.

Back to the surreal images...

There is NO ONE in the stands. Not one person. Period. Nada. Nyet. Zip. Zero.

What is cool though is being able to hear EVERYTHING that goes on, during the game. Still can't understand it, but it's cool just the same.

So why were the stands empty, you ask. I'm sure that you know already... I'll give you three guesses, but the first two don't count. (Does anyone know the origin of this statement? I really have never gotten it, maybe someone can enlighten me). So do you give up? Okay, I'll tell you, because I like you.

Stupid Swine H1N1 influenza.

Now, go wash your hands!

1 comment:

  1. Until players don't touch the ball with theirs hands (they shouldn't, in fact, and the goalkeeper wears gloves), and wear a medical mask. No danger for the team !

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!