Thursday, April 30, 2009

Much A Flu About Nothing?

I am in a quandary. 

At last I think I am, but I'm not sure.

Is this Flu the end of the world as we know it, or is it just another flu bug, that we humans haven't had time to figure out yet? By humans I mean the human body. Funny thing about the human body, it doesn't want to die or be hurt either. Go figure. So in an effort to remain healthy it learns how to build up an immunity to various bugs and viruses. Pretty cool, right?

Anyway, so I just saw a story talking about the probable spread of this flu bug, and in four months time and assuming that nothing is done to stop the spread, there will be 1700 cases of this influenza. 1700! That seems kind of low, unless they are talking 1700 deaths, but even then, the normal flu season takes over 36,000 every year.

Do you see my problem?

That being said, they closed Batavia High today as well, and my God daughter is hoping that they close her school as well. However hers is an all-girl school, run by nuns that are used to way worse reasons to close the school. Not sure if that made any sense, should I edit? Nah!! No fun there. Besides she isn't thinking about the fact that they would add these days at the end of the school year, you know, during the fun summer months.

Fun and troubling times my friends, which makes life all that much better.

Enough!

Did you see the Cubs give up six runs in the tenth inning? Andy is not happy. Of course, he and Benjy will be happy tomorrow because they get to go to another game. Lucky boys.

Maggie is doing much better! She had herself a bad fever (104+) for several days, and the Doctor couldn't find anything wrong, only saying that it was probably something viral - NOT the flu. Anyway, she's doing much better now, and is back to her normal lovable self - Praise Jesus!

More flu damage... Jessie's softball games got canceled for the weekend, but not Katie's because she's not in middle school. Apparently only middle school, and now high school aged kids are vulnerable.

One more thing.

Keep washing your hands!

5 comments:

  1. I think the media might be "blowing" this out of proportion! I agree that the human body is an amazing thing and when given the chance - can protect itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that there is a good deal of under repoting going on so as NOT to create a panic...I don't know, I'm not one who believes in sticking poisons inside ourselves to protect from illnesses... Oh well.
    Have a nice weekend. PAX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best advice that I have heard about all of this is to wash your hands. So I will keep on keeping on, when it comes to washing my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a "confirmed case" at a nearby school here too. Our Sam's Club clerk told us they had a run on hand sanitizer this week and are sold out. I'm not that paranoid. I just quit licking door knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean Jeff, I had to give up my door knob licking for a while now, as well. I sure hope this blows over soon, I need my door knob fix. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!