Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Day in My Life...

Let me tell you how my day has been going...

Got up at 12:26AM and freaked out! Why? Well not because it was 12:26AM, that's for sure. Rather it was because I didn't know that it was 12:26AM. Does that make sense? No? Then let me explain...

I have Adoration on Thursdays at 3:00AM, so when I woke up at 12:26AM, without knowing what time it actually was, I freaked. Then I got my lazy butt off of the coach and stumbled to bed.

When my alarm went off at 2:30, I promptly hit snooze.


Then it went off at 2:35 --- snooze again.


2:40, snooze; 2:45, I turned off the alarm and started to snooze myself.

At 2:55AM, I decided to freak again, because I had to be at the church in five minutes... Oh yeah, I also had to bathe myself and all that jazz.

3:20AM, I was up front and personal with Jesus. I stayed past four, as well, figured it was worth it.

On the way to work, I got hungry. Yep, hunger pains at 4:25AM does happen. I had no money though, but I did have a need to bring doughnuts in for a shop meeting - problem solved.

Work is, well a PITA and work. Petty whining here, petty whining there, petty whining EVERYWHERE!

Funny thing was that JC was TO'd because he got a crappy raise. (join the club, bub!) And he was giving me crap over this...


In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!' ~Dave Barry


You are cordially invited to attend the PITA Christmas Party

Location: The Warehouse(yes, that great big space outside our lab walls - don't forget your safety glasses)

Date: 21 December 2007

Time: 11:00 - 2:00 (ish)

Menu: Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue and a little something from Augustino's.

When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? ~G.K. Chesterton

Festivities to include Eating, Caroling (admin volunteered to lead us in song), maybe even a little 'Holiday Trivial Pursuit.'

We cannot forget the gift-giving "big guy" in Jeff's office that we must all visit before we leave the party.

Come one and come all, and dash away, dash away all...



I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens



Anyway, JC thinks that it is quite offensive, to get this, Atheists!!! WTF?!
So he and I, mostly I, share a few F-bombs, because I personally think that he is being ridiculous and I told him to send everyone that complained about it my way. GUess what? No one came by, no one complained and everyone seemed to enjoy it actually.
I don't get this - personal note here by the way - I add the colors to the letter, and now I have to.... ARGGhhh! I have no idea, but this is bothering me to the point of moving on to a part two.
Screw it! Part two coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!