Monday, June 1, 2009

Time In A Bottle

Many years ago, I had a story idea revolving around a man that had, at once, everything and nothing. I drew up his image in my mind and used a former co-worker as 'inspiration' but the story never really went anywhere because, well, it just didn't.

These things happen ALL THE TIME!

Very frustrating, to say the least. I mean I like to pride myself on writing what I want written and getting it correct the first time. So, when a story didn't pan out  properly, I let it settle in the deep dark recesses of my mind and 'poof' it would be gone.

This story won't leave me alone.

What is scary about the whole thing is that I am now back with said former employer and, you guessed it, working along side my 'inspiration,' who knows all about my one time story from long ago. We laugh about it, and realize that he has changed a lot since then. Whereas he used to be an angrier man, he has now been "born again" and really doesn't get angry like he used to.

Kind of spoils the imagery, if you ask me.

Alas.

(That looks so funny up there by itself, I just thought I would say)

He came back from a short one week vacation with a story from his week. Too funny, but it now needs to be in the book/story. Oh yeah, I still have that one in my mind's eye, especially since it won't settle down with the dust of all the previous dead stories.

Funny how that happens.


Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. ~ Capt Jean-Luc Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!