Thursday, June 4, 2009

Eso Si Que Es

I love coming to this blank canvas all full of the excitement of a new story that is bubbling in my mind, only waiting for it to spew forth and make people happy or sad or glad or even mad.

Unfortunately, I had to fold socks.

I HATE folding socks.

I so dislike the folding of socks that I will make special trips to Target, in search of more socks. I have gone through aisles and aisles of socks only to settle on that one special package of six ankle high socks that I love so much. Oh, some of you may call them booties, but I call them, uh, well, ankle high socks?

Whatever.

I love socks, I do not like to fold them. I think what I have left to fold are all mismatches, so I must go to Target, again. Pretty sure Jenni won't let me though, so I guess I better get back to folding, or something like that.

“A man is about thirty-eight before he stockpiles enough socks to be able to get one matching pair”

~Merrily Harpur

Pax, 

Roger

2 comments:

  1. BWAHAHA! NO CHEATING! I have a basket I keep on the shelf above the dryer to put any socks in that don't have a mate come out of the dryer with them. Every six months or so, I go through it and throw away any that have been hanging in there for too long with no mate showing up to "claim" them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ankle socks.

    My leg hair catches and annoys in anything higher (almost invariably I scrunch the socks down around my ankles if they are higher).

    Adidas makes some excellent ankle socks. They're black with white highlights/stripes. They're very well made with almost unnoticeable seams.

    And I found, for those bitterly cold days when I have to wear longer socks, the same line of Adidas socks has "normal" socks made incredibly well, unnoticeable seam, plenty of strong padding and reinforced heel and toe.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!