Monday, December 15, 2008

Working My Way Back To Reality

Bummer.

Vacation is over - well except for the drive home (currently we are between Atlanta and Chattanooga, in case you are keeping track).

Nine days of magic over in a flash.

Although some time seemed to last forever - when someone had a blow up (me, or the kids), those are never fun. You know the fatigue-driven moments of high anxiety and whatever. All I have to say is I wish those dang cups were a little more sturdy.

Other times it seemed to go by too fast - Mickey's Very Merry, and in this case Very Crowded, Christmas Party. Who knew that EVERYONE would want to go on a Tuesday night. For the record, our night was the only one that was sold out while we were there.

Then we received the sobering news about a friend of ours son getting killed in a car accident. He was seventeen. No one should have to ever bury their kids, and I can only pray for him and his family.

My daily blog bursts from Disney never happened, mostly because of crappy Internet access, and partly because of, well, fatigue. :) They'll be coming soon though, maybe even all on the same day.

Yeah right.

Okay, signal is weakening, so I must depart. Bye-bye, for now.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's over already - although you were there for a LONG time compared to us. I wish I could stay that long. I hope you guys had a wonderful time. I'm so sorry about the boy - you are right. The thought of burying a child is one of the worst things I could imagine. I'll pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you had such a good time and, I guess, glad it's over, too! ;-)
    Looking forward to all those posts and PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend's child. This is giving me the willies right now considering what I just wrote about my own 17 year old son yesterday. Way too close for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your friends' son...such a shame.

    IS THAT A BABY TICKER I SEE?!? For the Mrs.?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Colleen asked that question. I was wondering what I missed.. SPILL, BUDDY!

    I am so sorry for your friends' loss. You are right, nobody should have to bury a child. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!